Do More of What You Do Best More ProfitablyTM
Today’s On-Purpose Proverb comes from the subtitle of The On-Purpose Business and is described in the book as the Manner of the On-Purpose Business or Pillar Four. Despite the prominence of this positioning, I find this vital concept is too often passed over as a sound bite rather than a bona fide
method. So let’s twist and turn it to better understand and apply it.
Let’s get our heads around the concept by answering the following four questions of the entire expression:
- What would your life be like if you were doing more of what you do best more profitability?
- What would your business or career be like if you operated in this manner?
- What might you estimate the cost to be of not living this way?
- What might be the price to rearrange your life to live this way?
Getting started with Doing More of What You Do Best More ProfitablyTM begins in the middle
– what you do best. To answer this you need to know yourself really well. The best way to know yourself is to know your purpose, your reason for being. Therefore, your purpose is essential to the Manner. Along with your purpose are your vision, missions, and values. Your experience, giftedness, and talents will also come into play. An action plan can now be derived, acted upon, and
"More Profitability" can also be understood as "with greater contribution."