Strategy& (Formerly Booz & Company and part of PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers)) does for large businesses what On-Purpose Partners does for small and mid-market companies. As you watch the video above listen as they describe in their words the pillars of The On-Purpose Business Person:
- Do More of What You Do Best More Profitably
- Strategy is about the business being (purpose) with aligned execution (missions)
- Answer important questions at the core of the business and culture
- The Service Model to execute the strategy
Learn how to instill purpose into your business strategy (being on-purpose) by watching this 9-minute video called The On-Purpose Business Plan.
Here are some of the highlights of this Strategy& video that hit me:
- 80% of value destruction has come from bad strategic decisions
- Competitors are coming from all corners so differentiation is important
- Companies go chasing growth by letting a thousand flowers bloom only to have fields of weeds to clean up later
- 60% of C-suite executives have no confidence in their strategy
- Fundamental questions are not being answered — being best and better than anyone else
- Double down on differentiated capabilities and competencies
- Who are we going to be? — the most important question (purpose, vision, mission, and values)
- Strategy provides the advantage to win
Here you can watch a series of these brief video commentaries on business strategy and leadership.